CBSubs required fields

13 years 2 months ago #153296 by strom1975
CBSubs required fields was created by strom1975
Having an issue with different required fields for various subscription groups in CBSubs.

Simplified example of what we have -

required fields - A,B,C,D,E

Subscription groups - 1,2,3

Sub group 1 requires fields A,B
Sub group 2 requires field C
Sub group 3 requires fields D,E

The issue -
With sub group 3 we will need to add data to other non-required fields for members of this group at a later date as administrators.
When we go into user management in the backend and try to add data into a field for a member of Sub group 3 we can not, as fields A,B and C are required.
This means we need to fill them with nonsense data which in turn messes up our filtering in lists that filter by those fields.

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153399 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs required fields

This means we need to fill them with nonsense data which in turn messes up our filtering in lists that filter by those fields.

Please see CB > Configuration > User Profile and set Fields validation in Admin to No. This will disable validation in backend so you're free to do partial profile edits without worry of Required field errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn