create new field returns blank page

13 years 2 months ago #153529 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: create new field returns blank page
Disabled plugins still load on Field Management in order for field plugins to still function. Whoever designed the plugin you're using for Newsletters that is using the same class CB is needs to edit their plugin and change the class. No developer should be using already declared CB classes/functions in their plugin. Please contact the developer of your plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153533 by derekk
Replied by derekk on topic Re: create new field returns blank page
I am not using a newsletter
this does not adress my previous question

I have heard your response several times already krileon and as I stated I changed any or all other class references to make them unique this either had no effect or made it worse.

13 years 2 months ago #153538 by krileon
Changing } // end class getxxxNewslettersTab will not resolve your issue. That is simply a comment and has no baring on the codes functionality. The class would be at the very top as class XYZ {. Editing our plugin is not recommended if this is what is being edited; you need to edit whatever 3rd party plugin that is declaring the class again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155037 by derekk
Replied by derekk on topic Re: create new field returns blank page
I completely rebuilt the dev site from scratch
Iwas using the older version 1.2
Everything works including the new field option.

Then I upgraded to the new version 1.4 and now have this error again when trying to add a new field

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getNewslettersTab in /home/devblad/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_yancintegration/yanc.php on line 320

Why did the upgrade cause this error?
What file or line was overwritten or changed?

The YANC Plugin is unpublished if you try to delete eit you get this message

YaNC Newsletters is a core element, and cannot be uninstalled.
You need to unpublish it if you don't want to use it

Fixed it by deleting the CCnewsletter plugin

13 years 2 months ago #155048 by krileon

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getNewslettersTab in /home/devblad/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_yancintegration/yanc.php on line 320

This will happen if a class is declared more then once in two different plugins.

The YANC Plugin is unpublished if you try to delete eit you get this message

Published or not plugins are always loaded in Field Management so fieldtype plugins may still load. You can not delete core plugins.

Fixed it by deleting the CCnewsletter plugin

Bad design, the developer should have NEVER used our existing classes. They should also easily seen this error when/if the plugin was tested before release. I recommend contacting the author. We will not be changing our class.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn