[SOLVED] cbsubs not restricting access to readmore

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154358 by goodworld
I have looked through the forums and manual for two days now and still can't get this to work.

I'm using Joomla! 1.5.2
CB 1.3.1
cb paid subs 1.1.2

I have followed all instructions for installation and instructions on pg 311 for readmore protection as well as thoroughly read UC4.

When I load the page that should be protected with the readmore break it simply says "read more" and does not restrict anyone from accessing the rest of the article. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't it give me a registration suggestion instead of saying "read more"? I figure that's where the problem lies. CBsubs is not kicking in even though I have disable the joomla authentication and login.

I have tried every possible combination and am going a little crazy.
General setting integrations content/extensions set to depends....
plan integrations content read access is set to restrict access to the proper section/category/and article.

What am I missing? It's got to be simple I would think
thanks for you help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: cbsubs not restricting access to readmore
Please ensure you've a public and published plan that on the Content integration tab is protecting your article, its category, or its section. Once done please navigate to CBSubs > Settings > Integrations and on the Content/Extension tab ensure it is configured to hide Readmore content only. Please also adjust the usergroups that ignore this protection while there (if logged in as a Super Administrator articles will function as normal!). I also recommend upgrading to CB 1.4 when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154475 by goodworld
Replied by goodworld on topic Re: cbsubs not restricting access to readmore
Content integration tab is protecting the "article" I'm currently just trying to protect the one article for testing. I set the CBSubs > Settings > Integrations and on the Content/Extension tab to "depends if thereis a readmore link" adjusted the usergroups that ignore this protection to "super administrator" upgraded to CB 1.4. CB db check is all green.

When I navigate to the article without logging into the front end I see the intro text for the article with the "read more" (it doesn't prompt me to login or register to be able to read full article) When I click the readmore it just shows me the rest of the article.

I have the JCE editor active but use the readmore that is below the text insertion.

Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #154580 by krileon
Please PM backend login credential as well as the URL to the article in question and will investigate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154863 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and checking your PHP information you do not have ioncube loaded properly. Without ioncube loaded properly the CBSubs bot to check for ioncube will fail. Please ensure if using PHP.ini override to load ioncube that you've placed the PHP.ini file in your Joomla root AND root/administrator/ without being in both places ioncube will not load properly. Notice within Help > System Info > PHp Information that ioncube is not present (typically directly near "powered by zend" logo).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 2 months ago #154956 by goodworld
Replied by goodworld on topic Re: cbsubs not restricting access to readmore
SOLVED: Thank you so much! That did it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn