[SOLVED] 1.4 update screws up redirect on Windows

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154676 by allfive
Recent upgrade from most recent version to v1.4 messed up log in redirect on all Windows OS browsers except FireFox on WIndows 7.

The redirect url set up for the login menu item is -
<artists-bill-of-rights.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=27&Itemid=100>

- and when it goes wrong it goes here instead -
<www.artists-bill-of-rights.org/index.php?option=com_user>

The odd thing about that URL is that it can be reached when you are logged out - now that's definitely illogical!

The logout redirect is set to the home page and that always works.

I want to get this site live very soon. If there is no quick workaround, can I re-install the previous version (1.3.1) by replacing the upgraded files with the v1.3.1 files they replaced?

Thanks.

Joomla 1.5.22
Linux i686
Database Version: 4.1.22
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.16
Web Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT

ds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154885 by krileon
Don't understand your issue entirely. Are you saying when login fails you're sent to Joomlas login? or are you saying on login the login redirect specified in CB login module is sending to Joomla login? Please provide more details. Ensure you upgraded CBs modules and not just CB when installing 1.4. I could not duplicate your issue. Redirects should be formatted as follows for example.

index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=27&Itemid=100

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allfive

13 years 2 months ago #155018 by allfive
Thanks for the prompt reply, Krileon.

OK, I'm a newbie. It seems updating the plugins was a solution and works across all browsers with Windows. I didn't check IE 7 on XP, but glad to know everything works now.

don:silly:

ds

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn