Content Publishing Options in CB

13 years 2 months ago #154975 by jamief
Content Publishing Options in CB was created by jamief
Hi.

Im not finding information on what options I can give registered users to publish content. I would like to create a blog of content from all users like a news board. I see a author content tab, and I have activated it, but I don't see publishing controls for users. Maybe a CB user cannot publish articles? Is there a way to introduce limited content publishing for front end users who are only registered users (without having to upgrade to Joomla 1.6 because there are still some really important components out there that have yet to release a 1.6 version - so I cannot risk the move yet)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154984 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Content Publishing Options in CB
You can use a number of different solutions:

1. Use CB ProfileBook (it has a blog tab for user profiles)
2. Use CB Blogs plugin (it integrates nicely with core Joomla content structure)
3. Use other third party system

1. You need Advanced Membership to access this.
2. You need Professional Membership to access this.

13 years 2 months ago #154997 by jamief
Replied by jamief on topic Re: Content Publishing Options in CB
Thanks. Those I know about. I want really to have a news category and let my registered users add news items, the same way they add events to calendar components. Front end article on ONE category so that i dont have to publish all the news items as they come in from 100 different users.

Ill look around the options but Im not finding much out there.

13 years 2 months ago #155025 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Content Publishing Options in CB

jamief wrote: Thanks. Those I know about. I want really to have a news category and let my registered users add news items, the same way they add events to calendar components. Front end article on ONE category so that i dont have to publish all the news items as they come in from 100 different users.

Ill look around the options but Im not finding much out there.

CB Blogs can do this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn