[SOLVED] Forum Component Not Installed

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155110 by Rockadocious
[SOLVED] Forum Component Not Installed was created by Rockadocious
Hi. I'm a new person. It will be obvious after you read my issue. :P I keep getting the error:

The forum component is not installed. Please contact your site administrator

I've been searching all over, and getting answers to dance around the steps. I've installed everything (carefully w/manual-directions) and tabs seem to work except this one. Does anyone have the answer? I am using CB 1.4 Joomla 1.6 if that helps any.

Thanks!

Racquel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155117 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Forum Component Not Installed

Rockadocious wrote: Hi. I'm a new person. It will be obvious after you read my issue. :P I keep getting the error:

The forum component is not installed. Please contact your site administrator

I've been searching all over, and getting answers to dance around the steps. I've installed everything (carefully w/manual-directions) and tabs seem to work except this one. Does anyone have the answer? I am using CB 1.4 Joomla 1.6 if that helps any.

Thanks!

Racquel

Have you installed a forum component?

Kunena is recommended although I do not think they have a Joomla 1.6 version yet.

FYI - your first search spot should be the FAQ section -> Support -> FAQ.

There is an article that discusses the fact that our forum integration plugin needs a forum extension installed.

13 years 2 months ago #155144 by Rockadocious
Replied by Rockadocious on topic Re: Forum Component Not Installed
Hi:

Thanks for your quick response.

I've installed the cb 1.4 pkg, but I tried to search of anything that mentioned a forum component while I tried to install. I thought the whole cb 1.4 advanced pkg would have what I needed, but realized it may not. I searched to see if there was an extension for 1.6. I will search again.

Thanks so much for your help!

Racquel

13 years 2 months ago #155145 by Rockadocious
Btw, I'm guessing there are a bunch of forum extensions out there. It is possible for you to give me a few other names of extensions to make the search a little more easy?

Thanks a million!!!

Racquel

13 years 2 months ago #155176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forum Component Not Installed
We only officially support Kunena. Any others likely won't have any integration with CB. Kunena is not yet 1.6 ready. However you can check Joomla.org for 1.6 ready extensions at the below link.

extensions.joomla.org/search?f=1&q=16native&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

I highly recommend everyone slowing down on the Joomla 1.6.x wagon as developers need time to play "catch-up". Joomla 1.6.x is a HUGE change for developers.. a lot of API changed, ever so slightly, removed, etc.. has caused problems for migration to Joomla 1.6.x. Please give developers plenty of time to update.

We were only prepared as we started integration very early back in Beta stages. Even then we were crippled in CB 1.3 with release of stable 1.6 with last minute changes, which are now of course resolved with 1.4 recently released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155270 by Rockadocious
Hey:

Thanks for the update. I was actually recommended to 1.6 recently :woohoo: It's all good though as I am just learning this platform. :P I come from a different environment so I have time.

Thanks for your prompt response!

Regards,

Racquel

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn