[SOLVED] Single Member Field Protection

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155149 by steinsandy
[SOLVED] Single Member Field Protection was created by steinsandy
Hello, I'm adding legal contracts to one of my websites for would like to be able to upload a single document to the users individual profile.

To be more specific:
I want to send my content providers a contract outlining the monetary compensation terms in a pdf format via email. If they accept my terms they are to sign it, scan it and send me the image file. At which time I would like to attach said file to that specific users profile with a password and directly link. So ONLY that individual can access said file from their profile and online in general. Being sensative content it MUST be secure.

Is this possible?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155180 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Single Member Field Protection
Yes, this is very possible. The CB Ajax File Fieldtype plugin available to advanced subscriber will assist with the file aspect as it is specific to users profile just like Image fields expect with files. You can set this field to Read Only so they can't edit it. You can then set the field to not show on profile. The user could then download it from Profile Edit, but it'll never show on their actual profile.

You could also display the field using a Delimiter field after setting the field on a not shown on profile tab position. You'd use complex IF substitutions so only the profile owner can see the delimiter fields contents (the file field).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steinsandy

13 years 2 months ago #155195 by steinsandy
Replied by steinsandy on topic Re: Single Member Field Protection
Awesome thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn