email check gone wild! Ends in "error" http 500

13 years 2 months ago #155272 by BillB133
On the back end, when I go into a user detail and make even a minor change and try to save it, the checker for the email and the username run. The user name appears to run succesfully, but the email checker just keeps going, eventually displaying the word "error" and then the page disappears ending in a http 500 error. The biggest issue is that none of the changes I make are saved.

This behavior also occurs if user detail changes are made on the front end.

I made two changes. I upgraded from cb 1.3.1 to cb 1.4 and I installed the FaceBook plugin.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155325 by krileon
Ajax checking and validation was changed entirely with release of 1.4. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done please attempt to use the ajax check and review any on-screen errors. If none please check within your server error log for any errors during the time of the test and provide all errors found here. Do not provide the query log at the bottom of the page. Please ensure $live_site within your configuration.php is set to '' (blank).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155373 by BillB133
Thank you for your help.

1. I checked that $live_site is blank and it is correct.

2. All the errors have to do with jNews from Joombi. I have attached the info. You may direct me to bring this before them, however I thought you would still want to know how a problem with their program is affecting CB.

3. Perhaps the easiest route is to uninstall or reinstall jNews, but I will wait until I hear back from you or them.

Again, thank you very much. Bill Branham
Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #155375 by BillB133
I attached the file jnewsletter_cb.php, but do not see it listed as an attachment. Are php files blocked?

13 years 2 months ago #155462 by krileon
Your issue is with 3rd party extensions, please consult with the developers for assistance. They're conflicting with CB somehow. I suspect a Joomla System plugin, try disabling them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn