Developing new module

13 years 1 month ago #158215 by MarkRS
Developing new module was created by MarkRS
Only for my own use, well, to start with anyway.

I'm sure I can just poke about in the code and find my way around, but is there a guide that would help me?

I want to create an extra tab in a subscribers "My Profile" page and put the results of some queries.

Hmmm, I'll need to create some extra processing in the administrator's pages too, so I don't have to put the data there by hand in the first place.

?
Regards
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Developing new module
Confused, you need a module or you need a new profile tab? You can create new tabs from Tab Management. If you need to display query results as fields on that new tab you can use professional subscriber incubator project CB Query Field which displays the results of a database SELECT query as a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158248 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re: Developing new module
The whole spec of what I want to do is provide a tab for our subscribers who have paid for specific file downloads.

On the tab there will be links to the files they have paid for so that they can download them. In fact the link will have to trigger some processing to individually stamp the files by subscriber id. I already have the php written to do this.

Not all subscribers have files.

So I want to create a CB plugin that will create an extra tab in their profile and populate it if there is anything to go in it. And not create it otherwise.

I suppose I could just create a tab for everyone and then run my selection and populate the tab. That might be enough.
Obviously there will be some variable number of links.

13 years 1 month ago #158333 by krileon
I see, you'll very likely need a new plugin to do this. I recommend reviewing existing plugins as to how. You certainly can hide the tab if there are no results as this is done for other plugins (most display a message instead of hiding, but you could simply hide).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158338 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re: Developing new module
Thanks for that.

After a bit of searching I see there's an example ("HelloWorld") in the articles section and an API Guide, which is the bit I'll really need I imagine.

Is the API Guide still at version 1.0 from 2005, or is there a later one?

Many thanks
Mark

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158362 by krileon

After a bit of searching I see there's an example ("HelloWorld") in the articles section and an API Guide, which is the bit I'll really need I imagine.

The hello world plugin is quite out of date. I recommend using any of the incubator projects or any of the advanced subscriber plugins as your example.

Is the API Guide still at version 1.0 from 2005, or is there a later one?

New API documentation is within free download area.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkRS

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn