[SOLVED] Unable to find install package - Joomla 1.7&CB 1.7

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172587 by robradjr
Hi,

I may be missing it in the forums that I've checked, so please forgive me if the fix has been posted.

I keep getting an "Unable to find install package when I try to upload the Community Builder file, "com_comprofiler.zip". I've been able to upload the CB module file and other components such as Projectfork and Kunena though. I've changed my PHP.ini file to increase the upload size, I've tried changing the Global Configuration's Path to Temp Folder, my FTP in off and I still can't get CB to upload.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172595 by krileon
Couldn't confirm your issue, was able to install perfectly fine. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done re-test attempting to install CB and review any on-screen errors. It's possible a fatal PHP error is present causing this problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172608 by robradjr
Thanks Kyle,

I made the changes and re-tested it. I still wasn't able to upload. If it's not too much trouble, can you send me a copy of what the PHP.ini file should actually look like so I have a working version to compare to?

Thanks again.

12 years 8 months ago #172614 by nant
please verify that your upload filesize parameter is more than 2M.

do this by checking you joomla backend system information.

12 years 8 months ago #172618 by krileon

robradjr wrote: Thanks Kyle,

I made the changes and re-tested it. I still wasn't able to upload. If it's not too much trouble, can you send me a copy of what the PHP.ini file should actually look like so I have a working version to compare to?

Thanks again.

Your host needs to supply you with your default PHP.ini file, no one else will have this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172623 by robradjr
I checked and it is over 2. I had read somewhere that a good size is 16, so I made it 20.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn