[#2752] No Articles Showing for public users

12 years 7 months ago #174619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No Articles Showing for public users

Do I also need to restore the access levels?

Yes, the default access levels must exist. If you want custom access levels then simply add them, but do not remove the defaults; they're needed by Joomla and other extensions.

I don't know what adverse affects this may or may not have had on your users am afraid. It's possible the permissions are off completely. I recommend a fresh install in a sub-domain or sub-folder to see if you still experience this issue even on a fresh install. Unfortunately could not duplicate on any of my test installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174652 by poemsbypeople.com
Replied by poemsbypeople.com on topic Re: No Articles Showing for public users
SO there isn't any handy SQL code you can give me to restore these then?

12 years 7 months ago #174733 by krileon

SO there isn't any handy SQL code you can give me to restore these then?

TRUNCATE `jos_viewlevels`;
INSERT INTO `jos_viewlevels` (`title`, `ordering`, `rules`) VALUES
('Public', 0, '[1]'),
('Registered', 1, '[6,2,8]'),
('Special', 2, '[6,3,8]'),
('Customer Access Level (Example)', 3, '[6,3,12]');

The queries restore the defaults but they don't fix users if they've the incorrect usergroup or anything of the sort. You'll probably need to review your userbase shortly after and run CB tools as well to ensure everything is correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175056 by poemsbypeople.com
Replied by poemsbypeople.com on topic Re: No Articles Showing for public users
I've run this... but I don't think I had changed these from the defaults anyway, and the issue still persists...

12 years 7 months ago #175180 by krileon
Please provide backend login credentials and will take a look with permissions restored.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 7 months ago #175219 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and was able to find a cause. There appears to be a bug in regards to checking access permissions within the query. I've created the below bug ticket for further review and apologize for the inconvenience. If a fix is provided it will be provided in the form of a patch with the bug ticket. Please note these issues do not affect the incubator project CB Articles where it uses CMS specific API to handle permissions.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2752

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.926 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn