[#3434] Integrating GroupJive with Kunena

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #196828 by mougias
Hi

I've been trying to find a tutorial for integrating GroupJive with Kunena but couldn't find any. I have two problems with this integration.

Firstly, am I forced to have panes enabled so I can have the link to the clan forum? I can't seem to find any option under the Forums tab for visiting the forum, or for starting a new topic.

Secondly, if I do click on the clan forum from the panes it redirects me to Kunena, properly to the group forum(category). However if I click "New Topic" there the category selection box has the first category selected and there is no option to select the group forum. In essence, I can not start a topic in the group forum.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integrating GroupJive with Kunena
GroupJive version? Please ensure you're using GJ 2.5.1.

Firstly, am I forced to have panes enabled so I can have the link to the clan forum?

Yup.

I can't seem to find any option under the Forums tab for visiting the forum, or for starting a new topic.

Correct, it's for display purposes only.

Secondly, if I do click on the clan forum from the panes it redirects me to Kunena, properly to the group forum(category). However if I click "New Topic" there the category selection box has the first category selected and there is no option to select the group forum. In essence, I can not start a topic in the group forum.

That shouldn't be happening. What version of Kunena are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196942 by mougias
Replied by mougias on topic Re: Integrating GroupJive with Kunena
sorry I forgot to say my versions.

I'm using Kunena 1.72, Joomla 2.5.4, CB 1.8, GJ 2.5.1

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #197042 by krileon
Seams to be working fine here. Please run GJ tools to see if there is any errors to fix. Please also check your Kunena configuration and ensure it's configured as follows.

Kunena > Forum Configuration > Integration
Profiles and User List: Community Builder
Login and Registration: Community Builder
Private Messaging: Community Builder
Activity Notifications: Community Builder
Access Control: Community Builder

Please see below screenshots capturing it working as intended.

Dropdown:

Group:

The test above was done with "demouser1" a "Registered" user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

12 years 3 weeks ago #197067 by mougias
Replied by mougias on topic Re: Integrating GroupJive with Kunena
yup, everything is set as you describe with the exception of Private Messaging which I have set to Uddeim

12 years 3 weeks ago #197071 by krileon
Have you ran GJ tools to see if there is an issue? Typically a Fix All or Recreate All link is provided if an issue is found to try and fix the problem. However as you're able to see and access the forum then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to post to it. Please provide a screenshot of what you seen when clicking New Topic while viewing a GJ group forum.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn