[#3894] CBGallery plugin bug report - folder and file problems on install and execution

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #219726 by fdinkler
I'm using J2.5.8, CB 1.9
Installed and tested CB Gallery 1.2.2

Install was generally silent, no progress messages at all. Two black/bold messages briefly describing the plugin, then the blue CONTINUE...

On testing the Gallery as a profile tab, every upload ended with "Gallery repository could not be created! Please notify system admin!"
Googling this, I found a nant answer about a missing folder under images/comprofiler - indeed, /plug_profilegallery was missing.

I created the missing folder by hand, and now the plugin works, with one exception. Each user folder underneath /plug_profilegallery is supposed to have a blank index.html file. That file is missing. While it's not a huge security hole, in reviewing the code, the plugin is supposed to copy index.html to each new user folder.

Clearly, the plugin install process failed to create the /plug_profilegallery folder and populate it with index.html

Also, the plugin, itself, fails to copy the index.html file as well.

NOTE: I also installed the plugin cbfilefield ver 1.6, which has the same behavior - e.g. it's own folder under images/comprofiler/ and a separate user folder under that. it installs and works perfectly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #219787 by krileon
You've a permissions problem or server configuration issue. It wasn't able to automatically create all of this for you. It should create the folders and the index.html files. I'm surprised uploads even work to be honest. CB File Field also creates the folders and index.html files automatically as well; again issue with your server.

What folder permissions do you have on images/?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219810 by fdinkler
krileon -
Folder permissions were the first thing I checked. The default folder permissions are 755.
Two reasons I don't suspect the server config:
1. When I manually created the needed plugin folder, the gallery worked fine.
2. I installed the cbfilefield plugin, and it installed fine, and works fine.

If I have time, I'll trace the installer on a new J25 instance and see where it's falling over. As I said earlier, there were no progress messages or errors reported during install, which (according to the install code) shouldn't happen...
Fred

11 years 3 months ago #219812 by fdinkler
To answer your specific question:
images/ is 755, and images/comprofiler/ is also 755.

11 years 3 months ago #219815 by krileon
CB ProfileGallery tries to create the folders as 775. You can see where it does this in install.profilegallery.php. Not sure what to advise in this regard, but you should've seen a report of this when installing CB ProfileGallery within CB > Plugin Management. It should provide a green message if successful or red if it failed for whatever reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219817 by fdinkler
I installed on a new site (same hosting company) - exact same result.
Have screenshots (but can't attach them to this posting...)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn