CB Facebook Connect

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #252834 by johntennock
CB Facebook Connect was created by johntennock
I am running CB 1.9.1 with Joomla! 2.5.20
I have just installed CB Facebook Connect and it works fine EXCEPT for the unlink function.
If I login via facebook the only reference I can find to unlinking is under:

CB Profile | Edit | Unjoin this site

This link does nothing, has no icon and shows "javascript: void(0);"

What do I need to do to make the unlink function work?

Thanks in anticipation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #252876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Facebook Connect
CB Facebook Connect is discontinued. Please use CB Connect. Please note Facebook has made API changes and CB Connect is broken unless you're using latest release, which is for CB 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253912 by johntennock
Replied by johntennock on topic CB Facebook Connect
I have now updated to CB 2.0.3 (with Joomla 2.5.27) in order to use CBConnect.

All works fine except that when I try to edit my profile (e.g. to un-link from FaceBook) the Edit profile button is mostly hidden and the profile layout is completely changed. There is a popup to edit the profile but that would be too obscure for most users.

This was all fine with CB 1.9.1 and nothing else has been changed.

Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #253969 by krileon
You've a template CSS conflict. Looks like ul/li elements are being styled pretty aggressively. Right click in Chrome or Firefox then click Inspect Element on the menu item to review its CSS.

Unlinking also is not a menu item anymore. It's a part of the Facebook ID field it self (as well as the other social id fields). Navigate to profile edit and you can click a checkbox to unlink.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johntennock

9 years 5 months ago #254221 by johntennock
Replied by johntennock on topic CB Facebook Connect
OK, but the first point is that it was fine, with the same template, with CB 1.9.1
The problem only arose with the change to 2.0.3

On further investigation I note that the problem is that the template is designed to use bullets on ul/li lists. If I remove the bullets then the profile page is fine. So that's a short-term solution.

Now I have to work out how to do the css to include the bullets, where needed, in general content and exclude them in comprofiler ul/li elements.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #254372 by krileon

OK, but the first point is that it was fine, with the same template, with CB 1.9.1
The problem only arose with the change to 2.0.3

We're not using heavy !important tags anymore as it's bad practice. So aggressive styling will override CB. There's no avoiding this except to change the styling to be less aggressive. All of our CSS has pretty strong weight by prefixing with our cb_template class and if that's not enough then changes are the styling that's breaking CB is using # selectors, which are also bad practice as their weight begins at like a 1000.

Now I have to work out how to do the css to include the bullets, where needed, in general content and exclude them in comprofiler ul/li elements.

Just change its selector to a reasonable class. Example as follows.

Bad
ul > li {
    /* I'm going to style every single ul elements children li elements. */
}
REALLY Bad
#main ul > li {
    /* I'm going to style every single ul elements children li elements under main ID. */
}
Good
ul.MyClass > li {
    /* I'm only going to style the ul elements with the MyClass CSS class and its children li elements. */
}

You could also use .MyClass > li. There's any number of ways to do this safely without forcing a styling on an element. Next you'd add your class anywhere you want it used. For example when adding a list to an article you'd add your class to it. This avoids forcing the styling on everything, which causes issues like you're seeing. We can't style around every 3rd party developers template.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn