[SOLVED]How do I make fields & tabs ONLY apply to their respective CBSubs membership?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253797 by nhtim
I am using CB 1.9.1 on a Joomla 2.5 website with CBSubs 3. I want to know how I can make particular fields and tabs that I have for a particular membership type show only for those users with that membership. I have found that if I go to edit info in a members tab, CB requires me to fill out information that is not associated with their membership type.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253832 by krileon
You need to edit your tabs/fields and adjust the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection on them. Change to Detailed mode and then also restrict the edit display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253848 by nhtim
I do not see the option to adjust the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection within the particular field or tab after selected form the field/tab management. Is the Field/Tab Protection a plugin which allows that option?

9 years 5 months ago #253902 by krileon

I do not see the option to adjust the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection within the particular field or tab after selected form the field/tab management.

You need to have the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin installed in that case. It's included with your CBSubs package. Please be sure to review your CBSubs documentation for usage information for this plugin.

Is the Field/Tab Protection a plugin which allows that option?

Yup, it allows you to control access to tabs/fields based off a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #254029 by nhtim
Thanks, Had not needed that function when I first set it up so I never installed that plugin. Now that changes were made we need it. I will install.

Tim

9 years 5 months ago #254044 by nant

nhtim wrote: Thanks, Had not needed that function when I first set it up so I never installed that plugin. Now that changes were made we need it. I will install.

Tim

Please also study the documentation as there are sample usages for this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn