How to get change password page

9 years 5 months ago #254078 by jstuardo
How to get change password page was created by jstuardo
Hello...

According to the design of my website, I need to have a page only to change user password, different from the profile edit page. Does CB have a separate page to change the password?

Best regards,
Jaime

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #254099 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic How to get change password page
I use CB 2.0.3 on Joomla 3.3.6 and had the same problem and had to change the comprofiler.html.php and comprofiler.php files. I also made some changes to the (Dutch) language file.

It works fine now, see "Wachtwoord vergeten?" in the Login module in the left top corner on: tcoirsbeek.bitnamiapp.com/joomla

If this is what you are looking for, send me an email (address) and I will send you the changed files so you can try it out
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #254127 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to get change password page
We don't have a single change password page. Why is this a requirement for your sites design? It maybe something we can add in the future, but I can't see why it needs to be outside of profile edit at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #254183 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic How to get change password page
In my situation all users (tennis players) login with the KNLTB-number that they can find on their tennis pass (given by the Dutch tennis assosiation KNLTB). Therefore they do not have to ask for their username.

There is an other reason we had to prevent the users from using the "Forgot my username" option in CB. In our situation some members (mostly children) use the email address from their mother or father; so we have several users with the same email address (we fixed Joomla to make this possible). When users share the same email address, the system cannot tell who is asking for his password by supplying only the email address as identification.

I hope I made it clear why we have fixed CB, so the user can only renew a forgotten password.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn