Path to images from CB Image fields?

9 years 5 months ago #255071 by sylvanr
Path to images from CB Image fields? was created by sylvanr
I have moved to a different host and re-constructing my CB site with a clean install.

I have installed JCE editor which lets me upload various media to a specific folder- /images/$id so that each user has their own media folder and I have set JCE so that the end user can only access their own media.

I am wondering if I can specify the folder with CB media fields such as image, video or audio? Can I specify which folder to use for uploads? Can I use the same path, /images/$i, that I am using with JCE? Where are images being stored otherwise?? I uploaded an image file to the server and then could not locate it. I looked manually in each folder first but wasn't able to find the image I had uploaded using a CB image field. The Filezilla search is still trying to find it but it seems to be taking quite a while.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #255074 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Path to images from CB Image fields?
Avatars and Profile Gallery images are in the /images/comprofiler/ folder.

To find image locations you can right-click an image and click "view image info" or something similar, depending on your browser.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

9 years 5 months ago #255078 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic Path to images from CB Image fields?
Thanks. I see the problem. When I upload a pic with a CB field, it does not save it with the same name as it was on my desktop. It is saved with the name of the field and a number. That is why I couldn't find it by the name it had on the desktop.

Is there any way to save the uploads from CB image fields to /images/$id so that all of a user's pics would be in the same folder?

9 years 5 months ago #255118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Path to images from CB Image fields?

Is there any way to save the uploads from CB image fields to /images/$id so that all of a user's pics would be in the same folder?

Image fields all store to the same location, which is the following.

images/comprofiler/

It is not possible to change the renaming behavior. Images are renamed for security purposes and are always prefixed with the users userid. Their format is as follows.

USERID_RANDOM.EXTENSION

Image fields other than avatar are as follows.

FIELDNAME_USERID_RANDOM.EXTENSION

Thumbnail images will be prefixed with "tn".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn