Mass mailing targeting a CB user list

12 years 5 months ago #179682 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: Mass mailing targeting a CB user list
i think you could use one of the form extensions to do this with some customization. The "to", "CC" and "BCC" fields could be populated via some sort of query embedded in a dropdown. I'll bet it could be done is being done with something like SFG Gold or the like.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #193651 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Re: Mass mailing targeting a CB user list
I am using CB Mailing on Joomla 1.5 sites and its a very good solution for sport associations or similar sites.
Using CB list you can create list based on criteria stored in CB data base. You then, autorize or not users in list to send a mail to other lists. Mail can be BCC or CC to all, with one linked file. Limitation is you cannot send to several list in a single shot nor add an external email adress. It was not possible either for the sender to receive a copy of his own message but a friend on mine modifie the source code to add this feature as well as copy to all email adresses in the profile of the registers users.
That the kind of component I am looking to swap to Joomla 2.5.

Would it be possible that one of the developper of CB, which is a far more large projet, port this component to Joomla 2.5. That would be fantastic !
The following user(s) said Thank You: hooter

11 years 9 months ago #201650 by hooter
Replied by hooter on topic Re: Mass mailing targeting a CB user list
I too would love to see the community port cbmailing over to 2.5. i am stuck in the past and would even pay for this as an option from CB. This component works well for my situation and registered users can only contact groups that i specify.

Please help.....

Regards

Dave

11 years 9 months ago #201654 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: Mass mailing targeting a CB user list
I actually need this to be done since my 'special' users have the ability to send emails to their respective groups. The only problem is that now with access groups in 2.5 I won't be using a CB field to mark what group a person is in. I'll be using Joomla access groups. So another solution may be better for me. You can get cbmailing ported to 2.5 for <$100 on freelancer.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
The following user(s) said Thank You: hooter

11 years 8 months ago #203807 by porlhews
Replied by porlhews on topic Re: Mass mailing targeting a CB user list
Did anything ever come from this? I really need this feature for a charity I'm volunteering for.

11 years 3 months ago #217063 by jkahou01
Replied by jkahou01 on topic Re: Mass mailing targeting a CB user list
Jeez, Your company is so so exasperating.

I, too, used CB mailing with joomla 1.5. Worked great.

If it's such a trivial thing to hire someone to upgrade it to joomla 2.5, why doesn't CB do it an offer it... even in the paid subscription components??

Hell, I'd pay CB the $100 if you would do that.

I don't know how to hire a fricken free-lancer and have no interest figuring THAT out too

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn