CB Subs: Lite

2 years 11 months ago #324942 by SuperHaven
CB Subs: Lite was created by SuperHaven
Hi there, I want to make a suggestion for a new version of a current product. CB-Subs: Lite Edition.

What I would like to describe is a "locked-down" free edition of CB-Subs. I envision a version of CB-Subs that can be configured exactly the same as the current version, (full configurable back-end while having some features disabled) but with most of its features locked out. It would have no ACL, no content restriction protocols, no user levels, no tiered subscriptions, etc. It would however have full payment gateway support, and the ability to make donations/contributions to the CB based site where it is installed. (The "Donate to CB" section that appears on the membership tab on our profiles here on joomlapolis is what I am referencing)

I think it would be a good way for content creators to easily monetize their work, and subsequently use the gained funds to upgrade their website with more CB products. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #324949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs: Lite
The only possible monetization change we're discussing for CBSubs is splitting extra payment gateways into separate purchases so we can slightly bring down the cost of CBSubs. There are currently no plans to create multiple versions of CBSubs, sorry. If all you need is simple donations I recommend just using a PayPal or Stripe donation button directly in a CB Content Module or Joomla HTML Module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #324956 by SuperHaven
Replied by SuperHaven on topic CB Subs: Lite
Without getting political (USA Politics), I have specific reasons for not wanting to use PayPal or Stripe; hence why I made the suggestion.

I understand yalls stance; I hope yall can consider this suggestion sometime down the road.

2 years 10 months ago #324959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs: Lite
We'd only include the majority used payment gateways (you don't have to use them) to reduce overall CBSubs cost with others being an added cost and make up the price difference through volume. It would still be less than the current price of CBSubs with CBSubs + 1 additional gateway in theory.

We've only barely discussed this internally so I don't really have much more that I can say on the matter or whether it'll ever happen. We however will never have 2 different versions of CBSubs itself, sorry. That's just too much added work to maintain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperHaven

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds