importing users from smf to joomlaboard

17 years 11 months ago #13462 by designguru
importing users from smf to joomlaboard was created by designguru
I love smf but have noticed that it may be too feature-rich for my community, and want a forum that's more tightly integrated into the CB system....

So, I've finally decided to go for the simplicity of joomlaboard but don't want to lose all the forum posts in the process - has anyone managed to simply port postings from smf into joomlaboard?

q./

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15208 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:importing users from smf to joomlaboard
I am looking for this too

i am getting ready to convert from SMF to PhpBB then from
PhpBB to Joomlaboard

via this atachment (see bottom Or Top)

not sure if it si going to work ..

From the Joomlaboard Official site:
I converted my phpBB 2.0.20 to Joomla 1.08 + Joomlaboard 1.1.2 with 100% success using that script. Just modify the table prefix and your mysql login details at the top. Change the table prefix to "jos_".

The only trouble I ran into was that some of my phpBB users had apostrophes in their usernames (like "Danny O'Day"). The script bombed with an error when it hit those, but since Joomla doesn't allow apostrophes in usernames anyway, I just manually edited those users and removed their apostrophes. After that, everything worked perfectly.

The original poster also reported that if your phpBB allows unregistered users to post, they'll show up as usernames "-1" under Joomlaboard.

(script attached)

Hope this helps.

-RJ

found here:
www.tsmf.net/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,62/func,view/id,2450/catid,22/limit,6/limitstart,24/

Attachment phpbb2tosb.txt not found

Attachments:

17 years 8 months ago #19155 by LordMerlin
Replied by LordMerlin on topic Re:importing users from smf to joomlaboard
Surely, there should be another way of doing it?

Post edited by: LordMerlin, at: 2006/08/20 13:40

* cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
* Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
* Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting

SoftDux- The Leaders in Software

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn