Can CB Do These Things?...

17 years 8 months ago #20107 by webgyrl
Can CB Do These Things?... was created by webgyrl
Hello,

I'm brand new to CB and have not yet installed it. I have some questions about CB and it's potential implimentation on a site I am re-designing.

First some background:
The web site is for a musical artist and will be being converted from a static HTML site into a Joomla! powered site.

The new build of this site is going to focus manily on community and will have a 'members only' section with free MP3 downloadables (of the artists own music), Gallery 2 photo gallery, etc. But the site will also have a non-member section that includes a blog, flash photo gallery, dynamic and static content pages, Virtuemart powered store and other features such as polls etc.

Here are my questions:
1.) Does CB include a newsletter subscription or mass email function that can:
a.) Send out plain text or html newsletters (user can tick a box that indicates html/plain text preference) The newsletter subscription is mandatory for registrants. We must be able to send them email notices.
b.) Send out email blasts to users based on State, Province or Country. I will need to be able to have a series of dropdown lists in the registration that requires a registrant to enter in State/Province or Country (for out of US/Canada registrants) **it is REALLY essential that the user can be sent email based on State/Province/Country
c.) We will need to be able to collect age and sex and other demographic information as well.

2.) Is there a component that can rotate featured community members? Can such a component be put into a module that goes on the outside 'non member' part in a side bar?

3.) Can members upload things like fan art and other graphical or text items for display in the community section?

4.) Can users PM each other via the site?

5.) Is there a community chat module that can be integrated

6.) Can SMF or something just as robust be incorporated into CB for the community section?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me with these questions.

Kind regards,
Michelle

Post edited by: webgyrl, at: 2006/09/03 04:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #20128 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can CB Do These Things?...
Welcome to CB land!

Some quick statements ...

1. CB does not have newsletter functionality but it does integrate with the Yanc component. Also no email blasting done in CB.

2. There are various modules that do this (I will be creating one in the next few weeks also).

3. The CB gallery plugin allows CB profile owners to upload various items in their profile. You can also use other components for this (docman).

4. CB integrates with most PM components out there (this site uses UDDEIM).

5. I believe that flashchat has been somewhat integrated.

6. There are a number of SMF-CB integrations out there - I personally have not seen one that I like (so far).

hope this gets you started.

17 years 8 months ago #20190 by webgyrl
Replied by webgyrl on topic Re:Can CB Do These Things?...
Nick!

Thanks for your answers.

I am thinking I will set up CB on a test server and see what I can do.

Can YANC be modified to collect demographic info like City, State, Province, Country and then be filtered to send out only emails to people from a certain area? I will have to look that up.

Thanks for the info!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn