[request]Integrate CB with AJAX Shoutbox com_+mod_

17 years 6 months ago #23535 by gayus
I had sent this request to the author who made these great program before but till now im not receive
anything reply yet (maybe busy).
SO i offer and challenge for those who are wants this CB interactive and more powerful.
The author named is Bart Jochems (Bart, if u read this, i wanna say hi & thank u for ur this project).
Before posting anything here, better you download and test his program at risperdal.student.utwente.nl

ok..ok let me short my points/suggestion for next features:

1. EVERY USER HAVE OWN SHOUTBOX IN THEY PROFILE,
So the others can shout it (only registered user can shout).

2. Related number 1, not necessary to use both username and message again, coz this will be representative when every user
login. Only show the [code:1] <input type="text" name="chatbarText" id="chatbarText" /> [/code:1] and Send button.

3. USERNAME LINK.
When user posted, add the link username, this will be used for cross shout, example:
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=62">admin</a>

4. DATETIME.
When user posted something, put the type 'datetime' also. example :
[code:1]
<?php
$datetime= date('d M Y H:i:«»s', time() );
echo "$datetime";
?>
[/code:1]
So the information like Latest Message 'xx minutes ago' its not necessary.

5. ONLY TEXT.
When user posted like www.joomlapolis.com, the output must be:
'www.joomlapolis.com' (without '') not a link www.joomlapolis.com">www.joomlapolis.com

6. DISPLAY.
One shoutbox(page) fill 20 comments (the default now only 10 comments), the history have 20 link pages, after 20 pages or
page 21 automaticaly deleted, one page delete and so on.
Alternative, would be great if this can be configuration in Setting/add menu Setting.

Thats it:)

GW.

Post edited by: gayus, at: 2006/10/30 17:43

gayus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn