How secure for credit card info , SSL

18 years 4 months ago #3179 by jamijares
How secure for credit card info , SSL was created by jamijares
How secure is the information captured through CB forms?

Can it be used to capture and store Credit card Info for a suscription based site?

Can it be encrypted with another app?

Any suggestions if CB is appropriate or on any other application to create a suscription based business info site registration form will be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3255 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:How secure for credit card info , SSL
You can run CB over SSL to make it secure. All data is stored un encrypted on the server. If you explain your apllication, people can give you better support.

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #3280 by jamijares
Replied by jamijares on topic Re:How secure for credit card info , SSL
I am developing a suscription (paid) news service based on a joomla news private portal.
I neeed the means to capture the suscribers information, comprising general information such as name, address, telephone, email plus payment information sucha as credit card, debit card or check account.
I wont be processing the information through PayPal, I will take the information captured from the suscriber data and process it through a PC based electronic transfer provided by our bank.
I need a partial "shopping cart" to do the data capture but I dont need the transaction and approval part.
I need absolute security to keep the suscribres data not available to hackers.
Someone suggested the use of a product called mambocharge which I am evaluating but at first sight looks very complicated to me.
I am a designer not a programmer.

All suggestions are welcomed.

Regards

José

18 years 3 months ago #3289 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:How secure for credit card info , SSL
I would not use CB off the box for this. The safest solution would be to secure the data with public key and store it encrypted in the database so that the credit card numbers can be only accessed with proper private key. However, programming this with PHP is quite an advanced task.

Here is a link for getting started with php and data encrypting fi2.php.net/manual/en/ref.openssl.php

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #3290 by jamijares
Replied by jamijares on topic Re:How secure for credit card info , SSL
Mikko,

Thank you very much for your advice and your time, I will check the info that you sent me and put this in effect

Regards

Jose

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn