Help, CB / AEC registration issue

16 years 9 months ago #40304 by Kctech
Help, CB / AEC registration issue was created by Kctech
Hi

Basically, i'm using AEC (account expriation control) for subscriptions and then mikko's APC to link it with CB. The only problem is that once a user has registered via the AEC login form it requires me to use the 'sync' tool in CB for the user to become confirmed and approved in the CB user management. Any ideas how i can skip this 'sync' process? I've been messing about with this for hours now but i've just come to a halt and nothing i've tried seems to work.

If there's no way of fixing this directly (which i have a feeling will be the case because of the way AEC appears to store users) then is there any way that once the 'send registration' button is pressed it also executes the same script as the 'sync' button (only i cant seem to locate that piece of code and i'm a bit rusty with my php)?

Thanks a lot

Kyle

Post edited by: Kctech, at: 2007/07/01 00:20

OK, i think i've found the code that the sync button in CB uses, i'm just not sure where to put it so that when the 'send reg' that code is executed...

Post edited by: Kctech, at: 2007/07/01 00:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #40306 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Help, CB / AEC registration issue
I do not have this issue. Are you using CB login module? (You should use it instead of Joomla module). Also, you need to perform the AEC hacks for CB in the backend.

mikko

16 years 9 months ago #40307 by Kctech
Replied by Kctech on topic Re:Help, CB / AEC registration issue
ahh, i think that's what i've missed - the hacks, i've been using the AEC login but did try the CB login, i'll have a look in the APC manual and do the hacks, thanks a lot :)

edit: i've just looked in the manual but cant seem to find the hacks?

Post edited by: Kctech, at: 2007/07/01 01:28

16 years 9 months ago #40308 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Help, CB / AEC registration issue
APC manual does not cover AEC integrations yet. You need to check out AEC manual.

You should first try to get your system work without APc (CB&AEC only) When you have this working, you integrate APC.

mikko

16 years 9 months ago #40311 by Kctech
okie dokie, i'll have a look into that, just oout of interest, what version of AEC are you using?

16 years 9 months ago #40347 by Kctech
I've managed to to a point where the user can register but for some reason their account is always pending and I cant figure out why, also AEC's titles don't display properly some appear in this format _SOMETTHING_ETC but they didn't when i first installed it...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn