Load of *Crap*

18 years 2 months ago #6860 by SIGHUP
Load of *Crap* was created by SIGHUP
I will definitely be switching web hosts. Right now I use theprimehost.net Sure thet offer quite a few good deals, but they are unreliable. Site goes down too much, they always use the excuse that the got "hacked."

They suspended my account and said that my Joomla site was hacked and used to attack a microsoft site. I was using the latest version of Joomla with components, I hardly believe this. Anyone actually have this happened?

What steps should I take to call their bluff? And what webhosts do you guys recommend for Joomla hosting.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7347 by hakalugi
Replied by hakalugi on topic Re:Load of *Crap*
"What steps should I take to call their bluff? "

ask for the logs and/or forensics that led them to that conclusion. you have have the option of persuing the attackers, after all, and they should give you the info.

this gives you:

1) a legit reason for asking
2) the info you want

-hak

18 years 3 weeks ago #9553 by pcjunkie
Replied by pcjunkie on topic Re:Load of *Crap*
SIGHUP wrote:

they always use the excuse that the got "hacked."

Then maybe they should fix thier server and plug the leaks!

They suspended my account and said that my Joomla site was hacked and used to attack a microsoft site.

Refer to above comment.

MY account was suspended after fantastico screwed the Joomla install and set a php file to loop, overloading the server. I questioned them on a bad install of fantastico. They never fixed it. Every month or so the server crashes! ;)

I would say that's an ID10T error!

18 years 3 weeks ago #9573 by zebraz
Replied by zebraz on topic Re:Load of *Crap*
SIGHUP wrote:
what webhosts do you guys recommend for Joomla hosting.
[/quote]

my site www.sixdose.com is hosted with www.siteground.com .
their technical team did all the joomla installtion work for me
and i always have got their immediate help for any problem thereafter.

Post edited by: zebraz, at: 2006/04/03 14:14

17 years 11 months ago #12018 by sweetsofia
Replied by sweetsofia on topic Re:Load of *Crap*
I host with dreamhost.com in the States. They even provide a "one-click-install" for Joomla and even though their control panel is a bit difficult to get your head around I have nothing but good thing to say about them. The fact that they are very reasonably priced is a plus too!

17 years 11 months ago #12047 by masyomo
Replied by masyomo on topic Re:Load of *Crap*
definitely reccomend www.charlottezweb.com/

we've been with them for nearly a year and have never had any downtime at all + have had to ask for loads of favours and bits to be added or checked and Jason who runs it always get back to us straight away and nothing has ever been a problem for him.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn