CB and Joomla Newbie

15 years 9 months ago #69358 by bobbartley
CB and Joomla Newbie was created by bobbartley
Hey
Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Bob, I am a primary school teacher in Queensland Australia. I have decided to use CB in my class next year (2009).

So between now and then I plan to develop a site that allows children to use it like a portal to all that is creative and expressive and safe on the net.

Here is what I hope to achieve with CB and joomla

Individual profiles with images, videos and music that the children want to share, avatars, individual blogs, connections, group collaboration and discussions (perhaps this will be using a forum), amongst other things.

Feel free to make any suggestions or comments. Or if you want to get involved in any way please feel free to contact me.

If there are any teachers out there doing the same thing I would also be interested in making contact with you.

Regards

Bob

Post edited by: bobbartley, at: 2008/07/26 05:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #72576 by graemeklass
Replied by graemeklass on topic Re:CB and Joomla Newbie
Hi Bob,
I'm not a teacher but am looking at building a children's online network using CB and Joomla.

The biggest challenges are:
restricting users to be under a certain age
monitoring the site for abuse and/or predators.

I will be exploring this over the next few months and happy to pool resources/knowledge. I am also interested in hearing progress with your project.

Graeme.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn