Mamblog mess - please help

15 years 7 months ago #74380 by got2web
Mamblog mess - please help was created by got2web
I've got a site with CB installed. Then, it was requested I install the blogger component, which in this case is Mamblog 1.0

I installed it through the standard installation method (Extensions>Install/Uninstall>Upload Package File). The system told me the install was successful.

When I went into the Components>Mamblog menu item and selected 'Information' I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in (long path here)/public_html/administrator/components/com_mamblog/admin.mamblog.php on line 251

When I select configuration, I get the following error message:

Warning...

Your config file is
You need to chmod this to 766 in order for the config to be updated.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in (long path name here)/public_html/administrator/components/com_mamblog/admin.mamblog.php on line 178

Through the website itself, when I click on the Mamblog menu item, I get the following error message:

An error has occurred

No blog section found.

A little research on the Joomlapolis site brings me to this page:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/4919/37/

Am I reading this page correctly? Am I to assume that in order to install Mamblog, I need to uninstall CG...then install Mamblog...then re-install CB and go through everything I already did to get CB up and running?

I have to believe there is another way.

BTW: I already played with the permission settings in the config file (in Mamblog).
Joomla is in legacy mode.

Post edited by: got2web, at: 2008/09/15 15:17

Post edited by: got2web, at: 2008/09/15 15:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #74551 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Mamblog mess - please help
I can't help with your problems other than to suggest MyBlog, which is commercial. It blows mamblog away.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn