I'm looking for Joomla sftwre to track Volunteer hours...

15 years 6 months ago #78592 by tunatung
I'm building a local networking website (ptownnet.org) and really want/need to keep track of "volunteer hours." The idea is to create a barter-system and use volunteer hours as the medium of exchange. Housewifes trade hours to a carpenter or plumber, for example. The Housewife offers to tailor pants for a Member in exchange for a certain number of "hours"...and later she swaps banked hours to a plumber who, for an agreed number of hours, clears a drain-clog for her...or an older man need a wheelchair ramp and solicits the Hours Bank Committee for a volunteer job of building him a wheel-chair ramp at his home....a carpenter hears of the old mans needs and offers to do the job, agreeing to being paid with hours created by t he Committee...then he might trade some of his "hours" for something like a specific number of custom-made frozen meals from another stay-at-home Mom...who just happens to be able to save and freeze a single extra meal-setting as she makes the meals for her actual family!

The idea is to make the act of volunteering pay...in other than money!!!!

I'd like to see something where registered users can (in some kind of moderated fashion):

1. add and subtract hours from their "Hours-Bank" accounts;
2. other users may view a users total hours (+ or -) and
3. every action is noted and presented in the table-totals that are viewable by all users...so as to lessen the potential of gaming-the-system.

I'm open to Moderator options...

Being kinda new to Joomla...a carpenter by trade...and having scanned the Net for Joomla extensions to no avail, I'm at a loss. I've invested a lot of time in searching various Joomla focused websites' Extensions areas for "man-hours" and "Volunteer hours" and "employee management" and stuff like that, but either there is no reference to what I want...or I get hundreds of options...that don't address my needs.

I'd sure appreciate any advice or leads to suitable Joomla software.

sepp
webmaster@ptownnet.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #78639 by madala
snap;

Doing the same thing, looking for the same software, at the same time, in the same place, the same way, for the same intension..

15 years 6 months ago #78660 by madala
so far "HYIP" <hotscripts 'dot' com> Management could handle the user transaction account linked to a karma fourm

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn