Connections??

18 years 4 months ago #2523 by corkys
Connections?? was created by corkys
I am trying to figure out what the purpose of connections are and how you use them. I have established a connection and have no idea what to do with it. I swear I think that I have read all the docs. Please enlighten me.
Thanks,
Corky

Corky Seevinck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2524 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Connections??
All that is explained in the manual.

mikko

18 years 4 months ago #2527 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Connections??
corkys wrote:

I am trying to figure out what the purpose of connections are and how you use them. I have established a connection and have no idea what to do with it. I swear I think that I have read all the docs. Please enlighten me.
Thanks,
Corky

Hi Corky,

connections is basically a buddy list of sorts. Each profile owner can also maintain a list of other profile owners. At the moment the only functionality you can accomplish with this is:
  • to allow others to see who you are connected to (see my profile on this site for an example)
  • to categories individual connections based on backend allowable categories (for example friend,etc)
  • to comment on individual connections

You can also quickly access PMS/email forms to your individual connections. There are probably alot of additional features that need to be added in order to improve the overall functionality. IMHO, these include:
  • ability to group PMS/email your connection list depending on the categories - example send message to all your friends
  • Perhaps in the future when Joomla comes out with ACL you would want to create specific content vieable only by your connections

I hope this helps.

18 years 4 months ago #2593 by corkys
Replied by corkys on topic Re:Connections??
Thanks a lot

Corky Seevinck

18 years 4 months ago #2612 by Nomax5
Replied by Nomax5 on topic Re:Connections??
I hate to appear thick but Nick

(see my profile on this site for an example)

How do I do that? how do I see your profile? I've tried clicking your picture and looking around this site. I'm looking for your profile but can't find it.

I have a similar problem with my site..I can't seem to find the mechanism for seeing other members and clicking them to see their profile so I can email or PM them.

I know it's going to be blatently obvious... I know..

but hey "there is no such thing as a stupid question"

Post edited by: nomax5, at: 2005/12/21 16:54

18 years 4 months ago #2613 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Connections??
Nomax5,

Goto CB LIsts on the left. Then goto All Users from the dropdown on the top right. Once you have all users then you will see a search box top left, type nant. Or use this direct link to his profile.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,64/

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn