Search user by age and location

18 years 3 months ago #3964 by frighten
Search user by age and location was created by frighten
Hello masters. I can not tell how much I love Mambo + CB even thou there are some functions that I still miss after scanning through the site and rest of the Net for hours.

Maybe there´s someone who can tell and teach me how to fill the gaps.

When a user register, they also have to pick from a "drop down box" what country they live in, pick the right "radio button" for their gender and finaly tell me their date of birth (yyyy/mm/dd) in the date field. This wasn´t hard to make and works perfektly. The problem is...

1. I wan´t the age to be automaticly calculated and showed at the user´s profile.

2. I want a user (and admin) to be able to search for other users by detailed search with multiple criteria boxes as Country drop down, age parameters, gender buttons and a boolean for picture. Preferable joined with AND.

3. Is it possible to show result of a search with: "Usernamne F21"
Where F21 stands for Female age 21.

I have seen the functionality of the things above implemented on other sites, but can not find any module or component for Mambo(4.5.3) + CB(1RC2).

Two final questions off from the others:

1. Is it posible to make the users on the "Who´s online" list clicable so it can point to their profile. I know I´ve read a description somwhere about "mod_online.php", but didn´t have such file to try it with.

2. Are there an Instant Message module that make it possible for a reciver to get a pop-up window on their screen with the message? Years back i was a member of a little community built up by Open Source that had a static panel on the bottom of the SCREEN. In that panel there was a drop-downbox with all online users. You simple picked a user, and wrote your short message in the text area and then clicked the send button. The next second there was a pop-up on the reciver screen. kind of smart I thought :-)

I know this is lots of questions and lots of text. I´ll be glad for any answers, solutions and tips I could get

/// Andy

PS. If this message shows up all Italic, forgive me. I had a fight with the registry in windows.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3969 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:Search user by age and location
I know there is an age plugin which you can read about here

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,2157/catid,13/

The extended search function I think is a feature request that many people are looking for.

The other questions I'm not sure about though.

18 years 3 months ago #4007 by frighten
Replied by frighten on topic Re:Search user by age and location
Thanks a bunch m8, works perfekt. Now I can continue playing for a while :-)

/// Andy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn