default image

18 years 4 months ago #4025 by short_up
default image was created by short_up
So this is a very basic question that was semi-answered before but the answer didn't really work.

I was just wondering how I could replace the default thumbnail and profile images. I know where the images are located, but I get a 553 error. I've tried changing the chmod properties... that didn't work either.

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4054 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:default image
Did you give them the totaly same name?

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

18 years 3 months ago #4074 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:default image
I changed the default image also. I had to give the new image the same name. I did not get an error when the name was different. The picture just didn't show up. You might have another problem. I don't know code so I can't help you there.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 months ago #4108 by short_up
Replied by short_up on topic Re:default image
Yes, it's exactly the same. I don't think the problem is the image name, but something with ftp permissions and such. I can't move, rename, delete, or overwrite the files.

Thanks for trying though!

18 years 3 months ago #5028 by trisnadi
Replied by trisnadi on topic Re:default image
The default permission in CB is set to 664, meaning that only php can change a permission.

There are two ways of changing your directory permission:

1. Go to Global Configuration > Server > Under "Directory Creation" -> select CHMOD new directories -> set to "777" and check the box that says "Apply to existing directories". Then do the same for "File Creation" section of the same page.

---- or

2. Use any text editor (don't use MS Word) to create a file called permission.php which contains the following text:

[code:1]<?php

// change the permission of the folder(s) containing the file(s):
chmod('components/com_comprofiler/image.jpg',0777) or die('Unable to chmod folder.');

echo ('Success!');

?>[/code:1]

Of course, you'd want to change the code above with your actual folder path to the target file.

Save this permission.php file into your mambo/joomla directory, then using the browser type in the path of the file name (e.g. www.somewebsite.com/mymambodirectory/permission.php). this will execute the php page we created earlier.

If all is well, you should only see a "Success" text displayed.

Once you're done, simply edit the permission.php to change the status back to it's original state (e.g. 644) and remove the permission.php file from your web server.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn