Lost PW returns Page Not Exist message (bug?)

18 years 3 months ago #4137 by waterdogs
I hope this is the right place to post this message. The newbie part certainly applies.

Upgraded to J1.07 from 1.05 using CB for past few days and all has been great. Impressive beyond telling.

Tonight when testing LOST PASSWORD? I got the following:
New User password created and sent! (truth)
The page you are trying to access does not exist (OOPs)
Please select a page from the main menu (Uh,OK...)

The "Page does not exist" seems wrong to me.

Before I realized I should be looking here, I looked thru Joomla Tracker and found the identical problem reported as fixed (please see Artifact artf2599 : loosing Itemid afet submitting "ask for new password") in J1.04.

I cannot say whether this worked previously since I did not try this particular test since switching to CB -- Lost password seemed fine under Joomla alone.

I am using com_comprofile when this happens. I hope this is enough information. Thanks.

MJackson

M E Jackson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4204 by waterdogs
Replied by waterdogs on topic Re:Lost PW returns Page Not Exist message (bug?)
I would like to add some addl info in the hopes of getting some ideas.

The previously referenced bug in Joomla can be seen at developer.joomla.org/sf/go/artf2599?nav=1
Unfortunately it does not discuss where the fix was implemented. My situation is identical to the one described in the bug list.

The reference there notes the appearance of itemid=99999999 as the problem. This does NOT seem like a good thing to have happen but I am not good enough to find this in the code.

When installing CB, I did use the update patch on the forums for CB/J1.0.6 which was to database.php. J1.0.7 did include a new database.php.

I did not apply a misc. patch I saw on the CB boards to cb_login
(vMODIFIEDv0.2_CBlogin452)

When I swapped out the Login modules, the Joomla 1.0.7 login does handle this correctly. Maybe I should try that patch? Although it was not specific to this situation...

Is it possible fixes get lost in between all the activity??

Cn anyone offer a suggestion please? We would really like to use the Community Builder functionality.

Thank you.

M E Jackson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn