Displaying login in another position after log in?

18 years 3 months ago #4318 by sunburst
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how i can have the login module display on a different position on the page after usr has logged in?

At the momnent we have the login module sitting in the centre of the page with our logo on the top page. When a user logs in, we would like to have the logout button displayed on the top page next to our navigation. How can we do this. I was thinking of using the login redirect but is this only to redirects first time user to a different page or once it is set each time a user (new or existing) logs in, it automatically redirects them the page specified? This would mean we can change the module position on the page that they are re-directed to all the time.

Thank you,

S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4321 by zebraz
please pm me your website, for a better idea. :)

18 years 3 months ago #4325 by sunburst
Thanks, i have PM'ed you.

18 years 3 months ago #4329 by sunburst
If i make a new menu item link to a login component and set this as the first item (ie, like homepage) it works, however this item link is only linked to the login component (which i believe is the Joomla default login). How do i use this same method to create a link to CB RC2 login instead even though the default login is unpublish? or if the default login is unpublish this means i don't need to worry about it even though i linked it to login component as a menu item?

thank you,

s

18 years 3 months ago #4335 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:Displaying login in another position after log

Can anyone tell me how i can have the login module display on a different position on the page after usr has logged in?

I was playing around with a similar idea as I have my login module on the right pane on most pages and use it to display whether there are any private messages for the user in the same way that the login screen on this site works.

However, on my forum page, I dont want anything on the right side of the page so that the forum can expand to fill that column, but i do want viewers to be able to see if they have private messages or to be able to logout so i want just a box with a logout button and a message notifier it on the left side of the forum pages.

I found the following worked for me ... (sorry no link to view example as site is still in development and not live)
  1. In administration site go to modules menu and display site modules.
  2. Find the name that corresponds to the mod_cbloginrc2 module and click on the selection box beside it on the left.
  3. Click on copy at the top of the screen. It will create a copy of your login module prefixed with 'copy of'
  4. Click on the 'copy of' module name and adjust its settings so that it shows on the side of the page you want, on what pages you want, and with which features you want. save.
  5. Click on the original module and set its preferences to the page you want it to appear on.
  6. Now the original module will show up on the page you specified and the copy will show up on other pages.

Post edited by: highlander, at: 2006/01/20 20:52

18 years 3 months ago #4338 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:Displaying login in another position after log
managed to get a few screenshots for you - have blanked out site identifiers as we are not ready to go live or publicise it as yet

image 1 - front page (login)
image 2 - all pages except forum (login/logout on right)
image 2 - forum page (login/logout on left)

Post edited by: Highlander, at: 2006/01/20 21:45
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn