User List

18 years 3 months ago #4491 by jholdaway
User List was created by jholdaway
I must be the densest of them all. How do you make a link to the userlist? I would like to have a roster of members that anyone (or anyone registered) can browse? the instructions I can find are just on installation.

I did make a list that includes all users that is accessable by everyone but if I go to the main menu and do a component link the only thing I see available to link is Comunity Builder. When I link that it is just a menu link to your profile and not the User list.

Please help a poor newbie out.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4493 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:User List
Your not Dense, it is not as easy as you might think. There seems to be a slight problem with the List ID. Check this thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,1270/catid,20/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #4494 by Highlander2
Replied by Highlander2 on topic Re:User List
its in a tutorial somewhere but to put a link to your userlist on your menu, do a 'link to URL' and use

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList

as the url

18 years 3 months ago #4515 by jholdaway
Replied by jholdaway on topic Re:User List
When I put in that it goes to elusiveness.thedungeonmasters.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,usersList/listid,4/Itemid,/

Take a look and notice that there are 5 members but none are showing up. Is that the right place for a full listing? if so what do I do to show them, if not where would I link to see the listing.

18 years 3 months ago #4516 by jholdaway
Replied by jholdaway on topic Re:User List
figured it out. Didn't have anything in the columns

18 years 3 months ago #4517 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:User List
As stated in the thread that I directed you to the ID numbers do not work by directily using the URL that you would expect. Try using the URL below and you will see by adding one to the ID that you provided it will work.

elusiveness.thedungeonmasters.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,usersList/listid,5

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn