Image uploading...

18 years 3 months ago #4770 by TourneySpec
Image uploading... was created by TourneySpec
In the administration of community builder, I am trying to get images to be uploaded. Unfortunatly I don't have any image software on the server that is in CB. I have RC 2 currently and users cannot upload a pic because I have none of the software. In RC 1 it allowed them to upload images but they wouldn't resize to the simpleboard icon.

So I guess my question is did I install CB wrong or do I just need image software for images to be uploaded?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4809 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Image uploading...
Hi

I just joined your site to check it out. I'm guessing you know this but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

In the CB "update your image" there is not a choice to upload image. Is this what your talking about. Sorry if this is basic stuff for you and you know but in CB config there is a setting for allowing users to upload images.

You do need Imagemagick, GD2 or netpbm on your server for the pictures to be resized.

You should be able to upload pics even if the above is not installed.

I had a problem once where my pics were not getting resized. The problem was that I deleted the default avatars via FTP and that screwed something up with CB. There was no problem with GD2. I had to reinstall CB and the pics then got resized.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/01/26 19:16

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 months ago #4824 by TourneySpec
Replied by TourneySpec on topic Re:Image uploading...
Well andy, basically I did see the upload setting. And it was set to be able to have people upload images but some error came up saying I didn't have GD2 library and I needed to switch to GD1. Unfortunatly I don't have any of that software on the server. And I kept it off for a while. I need to get them for pictures to be uploaded I believe. Gonna be a few weeks before the software is installed as well but I'm hoping that it works at that time or I'll have to uninstall and reinstall the CB component.

Anyone else have thoughts on why not having that software would lead to a problem with uploading pics?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn