profile tabs

18 years 3 months ago #5067 by procreate
profile tabs was created by procreate
im looking for help in regards to the tabs in profiles.

i created a field called [influences] for a tab called [background] and it shows up as a child tab as influences under it. i would like to have multiple fields listed under one tab like [influences], [projects], etc... all listed in order rather than children of the [background] tab.... am i missing something [apparently] setting this up?

also, once i create a field, is it possible to change the input type? or do i have to re-create the field. i messed up the first time with a single line text box instead of a larger "paragraph" type box.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #5071 by JoomlaJoe
Replied by JoomlaJoe on topic Re:profile tabs
Hi procreate,

I'm not sure I totally understand your issue. But all fields have to be put on a tab and once on a tab you can control the order of there placement on that tab using the field manager. I'm not sure if you are trying to avoiding having a tab altogether and if that is the case CB doesn't support that. All fields must belong to a tab.

As for your second question...no you cannot change the input type of the field. The primary reason for this is that it may alter the way the data is stored in the backend and may require it to be completely wiped out. Only work around is to delete and start over again.

JoomlaJoe *The developer formally known as MamboJoe*
CB Core Team

18 years 3 months ago #5075 by procreate
Replied by procreate on topic Re:profile tabs
well, im looking to bypass the second [child] tab... and just have the intital [background] tab hold like [influences field], [rates field], [homepage field], etc....

basically, how can i have multiple fields within one tab? but w/o tabs as children?

Post edited by: procreate, at: 2006/01/30 07:42

18 years 3 months ago #5076 by procreate
oh i dig you SP avatar, i have one as well... but i thought it was not "appropriate" here.

oh, the parent tab is called [Profile] although i dont remember seeing that tab in the list or setting it up. i would just like to make cool tabs like you have such as the personal info tab and joomlapolitan card tab.

Post edited by: procreate, at: 2006/01/31 00:41
Attachments:

18 years 3 months ago #5277 by procreate
the tab i created is called [background] although [profile] is probably better to contain the information, but i dont have a [profile] tab in the tab manager, only [background] but it puts it as a child to [profile]

i still cant get this to be right, like here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn