insert userID into external links

18 years 3 months ago #5158 by panopticon
insert userID into external links was created by panopticon
hey

I'm tring to figure out how i would automatically insert a users user ID into an external link in an attempt to fufill these requirements

How do I alter my U1 field for Signature? The Member ID is denoted by a "&u1=" that the Signature Affiliate must append to the link codes provided for it within its LinkShare affiliate account. Signature Affiliates that only have a few codes to edit may choose to do so manually. For those employing a login for its site's services, the unique identifier can be passed to the link code via any number of methods (Note: cookies are not recommended because they can be disabled and, as a result, the Member ID Field will not be tracked). The identifier following the "&u1=" is assigned by the Signature Affiliate and can be up to 72 alphanumeric characters in length. The Member ID is case sensitive; therefore a lower case "u" must be used for the Member ID identifier to be tracked. For example, a L***e Merchant link that has been properly appended with the Member ID identifier and resides on a Signature Affiliate site may look the following:

<a href=http://click.linksynergy.com/fsbin/stat?id=1Mh2Xiq9xN0&offerid=7097.2382&subid=0&u1=xxxxxx>

In this example, "&u1=xxxxxx" would be representative of one particular member or organization of the Signature Affiliate. For this Signature Affiliate, "xxxxxx" would always be representative of that same member or organization. The identifier changes for each individual member or organization belonging to that Signature Affiliate's site. The differing Member ID makes it possible for the Signature Affiliate to distinguish between members or organizations within the Member ID Field Report located in its LinkShare affiliate account.

if this makes no sense please advise me and i will try to explain myself in a different manner

thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn