userterms

17 years 11 months ago #15372 by phatgrrl
Replied by phatgrrl on topic Re:userterms
FaShUnPhOtOg wrote:

Ok, I realize it's been awhile since anyone has replied to this thread but since I've only just done this myself I thought I'd post this here.

I took Geeffland's advice and located AKOLegal. I installed it as a component. Next came the tricky part: locating the url link to place in the CBuilder configuration so the Terms and Conditions link goes to the correct page.

I cheated... :) I went to the AKOLegal component directly using www.mywebsite'surl.com/index.php?option=com_akolegal

This took me to the main AKOLegal page with my website's details. I then clicked the Terms and Conditions link and got the following url:
http://www.mywebsite'surl.com/index.php?option=com_akolegal&Itemid=99999999&func=terms

I copied the link: index.php?option=com_akolegal&Itemid=99999999&func=terms and entered it under the registration tab of the CBuilder configuration replacing the default link (index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18) and saved the whole thing.

Finally, I logged out of my Joomla! and clicked the Register button and tested the operation of the Terms and Conditions to be sure it works. It does and I'm happy.

I hope this helps anyone else who encounters this problem like I and others have.

Cheers,

M.

Post edited by: FaShUnPhOtOg, at: 2006/04/18 06:39

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You just saved me pulling my hair out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn