Anyone using MOSZOOMTHUMB?

18 years 4 weeks ago #9134 by huggy59
Anyone using MOSZOOMTHUMB? was created by huggy59
Is anyone using the recently-deceased MOS Zoom Thumb bot? It allows embedding the image ID in your articles which then displays the Zoom image's thumbnail with a link to the larger item and lots of detail, commenting, rating, etc.?

I'm sure it has the same issues as the Zoom plugin here (massive SQL queries to build the URL), but it has been working well for me until I enabled SEO. I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

Does the plugin here work properly with SEO enabled? If so, maybe I can compare code for generating the URLs...

~~ OR ~~

Does anyone know how I can achieve similar article thumbnail linking capability with another bot or module? Examples are shown on most of my content items at the site, www.MaineMusiciansExchange.com

Thanks.

- huggy59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 weeks ago #9160 by Severe
Replied by Severe on topic Re:Anyone using MOSZOOMTHUMB?
I have tried MosZoomThumb several times but I got twenty years older trying to get it right...
The thumbnails showed up alright in the articles but clicking the image resulted almost always in showing the wrong image.
I have looked around for something similair and found DynamicImage
It's a replacement for the { mosimage} mambot and it's exactly what I was looking for.
Ok, it has no rating capabilities but there's a lot of parameters to swing a stick at :)

Dynamic Image Demo Page

Till Zoom has something better, I'll be using this :)

Working version on my site: Click Sorry, it's in Dutch but you'll get the idea...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn