[SOLVED] Ability to upload pdf files and other questions

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #159700 by p.srikanta
I'm in the process of buying GJ. Before i do so i had the following doubts :-

1. Is it possible for the individual users to upload files other than photos (like pdf,ppt, etc..) in a group they create ??
2. Is it possible for the individual users to upload files in the profile and make it visible only to the persons with whom he has connected ??
3. Is it possible to restrict viewing a members blog or his wall to the people with whom he is connected ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159705 by nant

p.srikanta wrote: I'm in the process of buying GJ. Before i do so i had the following doubts :-

First of all GroupJive is not for sale as a single item. It is offered for download to all Advanced or Professional members (along with other goodies).

1. Is it possible for the individual users to upload files other than photos (like pdf,ppt, etc..) in a group they create ??

GroupJive 2.2 has a file sharing feature. Every group member can upload a file in the group.

2. Is it possible for the individual users to upload files in the profile and make it visible only to the persons with whom he has connected ??

Yes, using file field plugin and privacy plugin - both offered to Advanced / Professional members.

3. Is it possible to restrict viewing a members blog or his wall to the people with whom he is connected ??

Yes, with privacy plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p.srikanta

13 years 1 month ago #159706 by p.srikanta
Thanks Nant.

Yes i'm in the process of becoming Advanced member :)

13 years 1 month ago #159707 by p.srikanta
Nant, i need a small clarification. Is it possible to upload multiple files in the profile using file field plugin ??

13 years 1 month ago #159718 by nant

p.srikanta wrote: Nant, i need a small clarification. Is it possible to upload multiple files in the profile using file field plugin ??

The file field plugin when installed and published allows you to create a CB file field.

You can create as many CB field fields as you wish/need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p.srikanta

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn