[#2474] Reordering groups

13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #160087 by saville
[#2474] Reordering groups was created by saville
Hi- currently on GroupJive2.1, about to upgrade so may be fixed in there, but there doesn't seem to be a way of reordering groups. That is to say, we created the groups for our site in a different order than we now need them to be displayed. We can reorder their respective forums in kunena ok, but the GroupJive panel seems to have them fixed in reverse order of creation. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Mike

EDITED TO ADD: Now upgraded to GJ2.2, and issue is still there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #160133 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Reordering groups
This is not an issue and completely intentional. Groups do not have ordering and are ordered by their dates as newest first. Only way to change this is edit the core directly and change the order by on the query or edit the dates of the groups via database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #160253 by saville
Replied by saville on topic Re: Reordering groups
Thanks for your reply. It may be worth a look though for future updates as I can't be the only person that this will effect. In my case, we have a series of numbered groups that must be displayed in a specific order (because they correspond to something external to our site but an official government hierarchy. However, the nature of these is that at some point that order may well change and what should be a 30 second job to click a few arrows up and down by a site admin now becomes a more delicate operation.

Sorry to sound negative. The new GroupJive is a fantastic redesign, so well done one and all.

13 years 3 weeks ago #160304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Reordering groups
Groups do not have an ordering, at all. They're order from the date they were created. Only categories have order. I suppose I can implement this feature and give new groups an order of 1 this would still result in newest first, but also allow changing the order respectively. Have added a feature ticket as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2474

For the time being you'll need to manually edit the dates via database to re-order the groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #162983 by saville
Replied by saville on topic Re: Reordering groups
This feature is added to GJ2.3, thank you kindly for your hard work, though it doesn't seem to be working on my installation- Joomla 1.5.22.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162986 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Reordering groups
Strange. I'm using gj2.3 on joomla 1.5.23. and this feature works best. (It was me who was asking for this possibility)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn