Private Events between 2 GJ members

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #160153 by nelsonprime
Private Events between 2 GJ members was created by nelsonprime
Hi,

I am considering purchasing the license for GroupJive. However I need to ask a few questions to see how closely GroupJive fits my needs. I'm building a soccer related website to do the following:

1. Have users who are able to create Main groups (divisions) and subgroups (teams) and invite individuals to join their teams and divisions.

2. To be able to actually change the name from "Group" to "Team".

3. To be able to set up events and invite all team members to set up events.

4. Lastly, but most importantly, to be able to have any member send an event invitation request to any other member; and have that event private between the two members.

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #160157 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Private Events between 2 GJ members

1. Have users who are able to create Main groups (divisions) and subgroups (teams) and invite individuals to join their teams and divisions.

GJ has no support for sub-groups, sorry.

2. To be able to actually change the name from "Group" to "Team".

Within GJ backend using the Overrides you can quickly restructure GJ to be a completely different subject (e.g. change Group(s) to Team(s) and more).

3. To be able to set up events and invite all team members to set up events.

The events integration included with the GJ package allows members (you can set event access) to create and attend events.

4. Lastly, but most importantly, to be able to have any member send an event invitation request to any other member; and have that event private between the two members.

There's no private event feature, this is a group extension for communities and built on the idea of sharing. I suppose you could add this, but it's not supported out of the box. Users can however invite other users to Join a group at which time they could see and attend if they like the event via Events tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn