Can Groupjive work with Kunena?

12 years 11 months ago #165473 by thefitdaddy
Can Groupjive work with Kunena? was created by thefitdaddy
Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a forum board set up using Kunena. The client would like some very complex user group access settings. The best way to explain is posting a chart below (see attached) that shows the kind of category access each group will have. The red cell represents access and if it's not red, that user group will not even see the category displayed.

As you can see, the access levels are very complex. Will Group Jive allow me to achieve what I'm trying to do?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #165480 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re: Can Groupjive work with Kunena?
If not with the Privacy Plugin or Conditional Plugin, you can achieve it with CB Subs.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

12 years 11 months ago #165519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can Groupjive work with Kunena?
You can disable forum integration for individual groups and categories. If you mean by not having access as in no forums at all then yes. Otherwise no as forum access is based entirely off category/group access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #165544 by thefitdaddy
Replied by thefitdaddy on topic Re: Can Groupjive work with Kunena?
Thank you for the replies. It sounds like Groupjive is probably not the best solution to work with Kunena for what I'm trying to do.

Looking at the graph I posted above, the access is very complex. This is very important to my client. I'm not opposed to uninstalling Kunena and trying something else. Do either of you have any suggestions as to a good solution that will enable me to have the kind of access flexibility I want? Users will not have the ability to create categories or groups. Admin only will be able to do this. You think Community Builder would be the best solution?

12 years 11 months ago #165690 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can Groupjive work with Kunena?
I've no idea what you're trying to do, but GroupJive can be configured so only admins can create categories or groups. Category and group access is also ACL dependent so you can select specifically was usergroup can access a category or group.

Kunena it self doesn't allow forum category creation from frontend at all if that's what you're wanting. In addition to this Kunena allows setting access permissions based off Usergroup for each individual category if you're also needing that.

Hopefully either of the above should address your question, but am not sure what more to suggestion; sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn