Translation of categories in GJ possible?

12 years 10 months ago #166645 by Madan
Hi! It's me...again!

First off; I've given up trying to fix my problem with the forumintegration i GJ. GJ is still a super product- even without it. Se if I give it another go later on.

Now for the problem of today; is it possible to translate created categories in GJ?

I tried to add translation-strings in both GJ and CB language plug-ins but this didn't work. Anyone with an other idea?

Take care you all! And as always, a special thanks to Krileon who relentlessly keeps offering us newbies help.

/Daniel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166648 by jojo12

translate created categories

what do you mean by that?

12 years 10 months ago #166834 by Madan
Hi jojo (and others of course)!

Thanks for your interest.

The categories I'm reffering to are the ones I've created in GroupJive backend; where in registered users can create groups.

I'd like to have the category titles in two optional languages (I'm building a bilingual web-site) when viewed in the overview panel. I have no intention translating the specific groups.

Hope I made myself a bit clearer :)

12 years 10 months ago #166901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Translation of categories in GJ possible?
Titles are not passed through translation API; you can not translate them, sorry. You can add this by editing the category templates and surrounding the titles with CBTxt::T( TITLE_HERE ), which would allow translation.. please keep in mind this will add depending on amount of categories A LOT of overheard to the language string array.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn