CoppermineVis - Now defunct?

17 years 10 months ago #16245 by ckayfish
CoppermineVis - Now defunct? was created by ckayfish
Hello CB user community and developers. I have been using Joomla, Community Builder and CoppermineVis for about 6 months now. One of the reasons I went with CopermineVis is because of Todd's statement on his website

Community Builder and Coppermine will soon be tightly integrated. I have been working with the CB team the integration for coppermine and community builder, which will be even more highly advanced with the addition of

However, when Joomla 1.0.8 came out, CopermineVis stopped working, and Todd was AWOL for over a month. He came back for one day, posted a patch and has not been heard from since. That was April 18, so over 2 months ago.

Since he is no longer responding to his PAID customers either with support tickets or the forum, I would like to ask here what people think. Joomla's free, Coppermine's free, CB is free. Any issues that arise with these products are quickly handled by the developers or user community. Todd charges money, but ignores his customers. Coppermine has formally and publicly stated they do not support him. There is now a free Joomla/Coppermine bridge, but there is no discussion of integrating that with CB, which is a primary feature many of us want from our gallery. What does Community Builder think? Are you, as Todd states, working with him on integration? Would you suggest that we we wait for him or cut our losses and move on with our lives?

Thanks,

Curtis
www.iqaluitonline.com

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #16295 by mwep
Replied by mwep on topic Re:CoppermineVis - Now defunct?
We have successfully implemented the free Coppermine Bridge on our website and it's running smooth as silk. I have not used the package you talk about as when I was researching, I found so many negative issues.

Our site is quite large and we basically max'd out PonyGallery. Our members absolutely love Coppermine over Pony.

The bridge is actually pretty cool. The installation was a breeze and the integration seems pretty seemless.

However; we are still struggling with the CB Plugin but I am confident we will get the issue resolved soon.

Hope this help and good luck!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn