Sandbox or demo area for 3P plugins

18 years 4 months ago #1858 by mikko
Would it be possible to have a sandbox or demo area for third party plugins? I think that I am not the only 3PD who would like to show demos of plugins, but has private development environment and does not want to show any demos on the actual production site(s).

So would it be possible to make a parallel installation of Joomla and CB (forexample www.joomlapolis.com/demo) and give all approved 3PDs administative rights so that plugin demos can be installed there?

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1903 by Caspar
Replied by Caspar on topic Re:Sandbox or demo area for 3P plugins
nice idea. I would like to see something like that as well....

Do me a favour an go to www.st-sebastian-beckum.de and click on the green image, which says TOP 50 and vote for the page. Thanks!

18 years 4 months ago #1906 by nant

18 years 4 months ago #1907 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Sandbox or demo area for 3P plugins
This would really help at least for me, since my development environtment is linux without external access and even though I am an administrator of several servers, none of them can be used for testing.

Furthermore it would help the end users to evaluate the possibilities of the plugins.

-mikko

17 years 4 months ago #26309 by LordMerlin
Replied by LordMerlin on topic Re:Sandbox or demo area for 3P plugins
I know this isn't 100% what you want, but how about installing Joomla + CB + other 3PD stuff in it's own sandbox? That way, the "tester" could test everyting he wants to, and if you want to, you could even have a script that automatically restores the original site evrey few days ?

* cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
* Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
* Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting

SoftDux- The Leaders in Software

17 years 4 months ago #26310 by folmolen
Replied by folmolen on topic Re:Sandbox or demo area for 3P plugins
www.komponenten.joomlademo.de/ is alreaydy a demo site for 3rd party components!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn