Clan Site - Ranks (groups) with permissions

17 years 5 months ago #24183 by tbird412
So far CB is definitely where it is at. My video game clan has been around for about 10 years now. Lucky me has been designing our site and working on it for those years. Well, my first born son is due in a few weeks. So we decided to go with Joomla and design a new site. I won't have time to be their little 'webmaster' anymore. Things are going well. I started our site in the Notepad days, and boy this Joomla and CB really make my life easier.

Here's my problem/request.

Ranks. I've searched everywhere. I want something built into Joomla and CB. I hate bridges and hacks. Tried some, uninstalled them. I use Joomla and CB, and ONLY things tied into them directly (Joomlaboards, Zoom, etc.)

We have ranks in our clan (as I am sure all do). You know. Leader. Officer. Jr Officers. Veteran Members. Members. Guests. etc.

I'd like to find a way to set this in people's profiles on our Joomla site. So that I can then configure who has access to what (basically how Joomla does already, but I want more than just the predefined groups of "Registered, Moderator, Admin")

Please help. Thanks in advance

Oh, almost forgot ...

Old Site -> www.BlackKnightsClan.com
New Site -> www.BlackKnightsClan.org/cms

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #24186 by tbird412
Replied by tbird412 on topic Re:Clan Site - Ranks (groups) with permissions
Sorry to reply to myself here:

I just realized I could narrow this down even easier. I really only need to be able to somehow organize groups that have specific access rights to specific forums in Joomlaboard. That's pretty much all that "ranks" do if you really boil it down. Each "rank" has access to a few new forums. Otherwise, I can easily assign moderators and admins as needed.

Should I be on the Joomlaboard site? Heck, is there even one?

15 years 3 weeks ago #93238 by softforge

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn