Banking Component/plugin for Kids

17 years 5 months ago #24256 by sdhiphop
Banking Component/plugin for Kids was created by sdhiphop
I'm in need of a component and am searching to see if there's any solutions out there that anyone may know.

The component is a banking system to teach kids how to manage thier money. So this component would utilize a "make-believe" currency and each kid would deposit fake monopoly money to the site administrator and that money will be posted to the kids "make-believe" bank account. The kid can login to the site and view his or her balance. Because we have a tangible store within our organization, the kids would be able to see on their balance screen what they spent thier make-believe money on. (Maybe a transaction screen)

The administrator would have the option of deducting money or adding money when they wish. I'm guessing, A calculator system which makes quieries to the database would be needed to add or subtract money.

Is this possible, is there already a solution, or am I going to have to find a programmer?

A few ideas someone from Joomla.org sent was to use Virtual mart and CB since the kids will be using CB for thier profiles, and I think it would be a nice to use.
(We are a non-profit organization and don't have too much money) But would like to have this to teach kids.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #24263 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Banking Component/plugin for Kids
You can have a cb field which is read only for the user. Then just modify that with database queries.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn