SMF MOD integration

17 years 6 months ago #24289 by Switch
SMF MOD integration was created by Switch
Hi, basically, smf is a great forum, and it is growing increasingly popular amongst Joomla, and more importantly Joomla+CB users.

SMF offers many extra addons for their forums, most of which are 3pd made. It would be great if some of these could be integrated to work with CB, for most mods it would simply be a case of displaying data on a tab.

1. Mod name: SMFShop - Shop MOD
"Members of your Forum will collect credits every time they make posts, and can exchange the points for items in the shop"

The integration for CB would simply be allowing this info to be displayed as a tab - User has "X" points.

2. SMF Trader System
"A trader system for SMF. Trader count is displayed under each member's name in a topic. Also trader information is displayed in their profile.
Member's of you forum can rate other members as either a buyer, seller, or a trade deal."

A lot of us have the marketplace pluggin installed, or an equivilant. It would be a great addition if we could show some kind of trader rating system on our profile, so that we can see who we can trust when using such a system. The integration for this would be displaying the data from the mod, and allowing people to rate others as trader all on a single "trader tab"

3. SMF Arcade
"This mod adds 'Arcade' function to your forum, and has support for flash games"
Whilst I know there is an arcade pluggin already, I think that the smf arcade is actually a much improved arcade. The integration for this would be to diplay any highscores that the user has on their profile.

These are 3 of the more popular mods that I could find, and I suspect they will be used by a large amount of the CB community if someone could produce these mods.

If there are any other SMF bridge users that are willing to contribute to a fund, perhaps we could raise an incentive fee for the production of these mods?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #54777 by baijianpeng
Replied by baijianpeng on topic Re:SMF MOD integration
I also support the idea of a credits plugin for C.B., it can increase the user's credits according to his/her total login time, or the posts/activity in the forum.

Of course, it should support most of the popular forum programs, such as JoomlaBoard, FireBoard, SMF, phpbb, vBulletin, or IPB.

Then maybe we can grant other rights, such as a permission to download certain files or movies, according to the user's credits.

I mean, this credits plugin for C.B. will offer global credits value for the whole site, so other 3dp extensions can use this credits reference.

Thanks.

JoomlaGate

www.joomlagate.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn