CB Profile link to Ebay profile listings

17 years 4 months ago #27236 by paulypaul
CB Profile link to Ebay profile listings was created by paulypaul
I've had a search around and can't see anything that resembles what I'd love to see built into CB so have posted here hoping it makes it in a future release.

Essentially what I'd love is for CB profile's to include a field for EBay (and other auction site) profiles plus a module to display that user's items for sale (if any). I'm building a community portal for a town in the UK so being able to see items fellow members have for sale would I believe help build a better bond between them.

Also, if someone could build something similar for Freecycle.org (yahoo groups) that would be great too!! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27242 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:CB Profile link to Ebay profile listings
I haven't seen anything like this working for CB yet, but there are a couple modules out there that could be built out into CB plugins relatively easily.

This module looks like the most promising starting point:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1070/Itemid,35/

And eBay does have a developer center for PHP, as well as an API to retrieve site information using REST, XML or SOAP:

developer.ebay.com/developercenter/php/

So it's definitely possible, but just needs to be developed.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn